1. Swimming Australia canceled a pre-Olympics swim meet in the nation’s capital, Canberra, after two Olympic female water polo players were diagnosed with what illness?
a. Measles b. Mumps c. Whooping cough d. Shingles
2. A man in this Midwestern city allegedly entered the pool area of an apartment complex and shot two men with shotgun pellets. The suspect and the victims all left the scene — although one of the victims later showed up at a local hospital. Where did this incident take place?
a. Chicago b. Bloomington, Ind. c. Wichita, Kan. d. Dayton, Ohio
3. According to ottawacitizen.com, a late-model Dodge Calibre in Windsor, Ont., “hopped a curb, zipped across a narrow strip of lawn, crashed through a wooden fence and plunged into the deep end” of a nearby pool. Inside were a man and a woman; neither was injured in the crash. What were the two involved with at the time of the mishap?
a. Text messaging b. Smoking dope c. A driving lesson d. You don’t want to know.
To find out how many you got right, click here.
>> Some Web sites may open behind this page.
>> Use your browser’s BACK arrow to return here.
The correct answers are:
1. c. Whooping cough. To learn more, click here.
2. b. Bloomington, Ind. To learn more, click here.
3. c. A driving lesson. To learn more, click here.
How did you do? Be sure to keep up on the latest water-related news, because another installment of “Test Your Knowledge” will be coming in the next WaterShapes EXTRA!